Appointment Safety Protocols
We are currently accepting all essential and non-essential appointments until further advised by any updated COVID-19 emergency orders.
- When arriving promptly to your appointment please call our clinic at (808) 572-9003 to notify us that you are here, we will check you in.
- Please wait patiently in your car and one of our veterinary assistants will come out to you.
- When we are available, our veterinary assistants will come out to you and gather all the information about your pets appointment and any concerns you may have.
- Your pets physical exam will take place in our treatment area while you wait patiently outside the building.
- After the doctor examines your pet(s), we will come out to discuss the next steps.
- After your pets appointment is completed, you may come into the clinic to pay.
PLEASE BE PATIENT AS THESE SAFETY MEASURES WILL CAUSE DELAYS AND EXTENDED WAIT TIMES
MASKS ARE REQUIRED WHILE ON PREMISES. NO ONE WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE CLINIC WITHOUT A MASK ON. AS A COURTESY TO OTHERS AROUND YOU, WE ASK THAT YOU KEEP YOUR MASK ON IF SITTING ON OR STANDING NEAR ANY OF OUR OUTSIDE BENCHES.
PLEASE PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING MEASURES BY STANDING AT LEAST 6 FEET FROM OTHERS.
We are committed to providing veterinary care to the pets in our practice and community. In order to continue to provide medical care we ask for your cooperation in several ways, which we hope will help prevent further community spread of the COVID-19 virus.
To provide the best care for your pets our team must remain healthy. If you are sick or have flu like symptoms or have been exposed to someone that tested positive for COVID-19, we ask if you could please reschedule your pet’s appointment or arrange for someone else to bring in your pet.
Please see our current appointment protocols for limiting contact.
While we always take the cleanliness of our practice seriously, we want to assure you that we have increased our disinfecting efforts and are sanitizing door handles, card machines, and common spaces more frequently. PLEASE BE PATIENT AS THESE EFFORTS WILL CAUSE MINOR DELAYS AND WAIT TIMES.
To minimize unnecessary contact we are happy to fill medications and food request over the phone. If you would like to avoid picking up your medications, we are able to ship MOST medications to you for a small fee.
It is our hope, that with these preventative measures, we can lessen the impact of the virus in our community. Should you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to reach out. Thank you for your understanding, compliance, and support.
Makawao Veterinary Clinic